When it comes to selecting bridesmaid dresses, most brides and their bridal party are concerned with three things: color, style, and price. While these are certainly important factors to consider, perhaps the most important decision of all is consider what fabric to select.
While satin may look regal, and tulle may give a fairytale-like vibe, these fabrics aren’t always the most comfortable. Not only can they be harder to dance in, especially in floor length gowns, but they can also become clinging or hot as the night wears on.
For beach weddings, or even summer weddings, chiffon is a favorite. Less commonly as georgette, chiffon dresses sheer, lightweight, and often described as flowing. Not only is chiffon surprisingly elegant, it is also comfortable and easy to dance in.
Here’s a review of seven gorgeous chiffon bridesmaid from Diamond Bridal Gallery to get you inspired:
- Style #21509: Chiffon can be comfortable and formal at the same time. This floor length gown gives off bohemian meets formal vibes. The long, flowing skirt in a deep navy or sage makes it perfect for an evening affair and cooler weather months, while the draped, off the shoulder neckline with soft ruffles adds a more free spirited mood. The natural waist whittles waists, while spaghetti straps provide more support than a typical off the shoulder gown.
- Style #21501: Spring time romance graces itself in pale lilac, beaded sweetheart neckline, and a natural waist with a jeweled band. A zipper back adds simplicity and comfort to this classic look.
- Style #21542: Who says chiffon can’t be as formal as other fabrics? This black gown is perfect for a black tie evening, with a touch of modern. A slim A-line skirt gives the illusion of an hourglass figure without drawing attention to itself. The rich, solid black is balanced by an illusion lace and soft sweetheart neckline. Cross straps add an alluring detail to the back.
- Style #21539: A pop of color, a little skin, and fabric that lightly hugs the hips makes this dress perfect for bridesmaids looking for a more bold look. The eggplant hue looks beautiful especially on women with darker or olive complexions. While the skirt still has the flow of chiffon, the more fitted look enhances and complements curves around the hip. The one shoulder is given a special touch with a playful bow that can be customized.
- Style #21543: Great for bridesmaids who want to show off toned arms but are looking for more coverage in their midsection, this dress, in light sage green, is both comfortable and great for a garden or outdoor wedding. A halter neckline shows off beautiful arms and shows just enough skin. The blouson bodice is bohemian but still formal, with a tie sash.
- Style #21503: Playful and feminine ruffles skim the neckline to create a soft but daring one shoulder top. This skirt shows chiffon at its best, with almost diaphanous, flowing movement. A long sash tie adds some detail to a natural waist. The best part? This dress is available in a wide variety of colors, including printed chiffon.
- Style #21534: Romance meets daring meets pure elegance in this dress. Beaded capped sleeves, a keyhole back, and a soft sweetheart neckline make this dress one of the most formal, and intricate in our top seven. The deep wine/ bordeaux hue is an especially elegant option for an evening event. Light ruching along the bodice and skirt, meanwhile, is flatter figuring for almost every bridesmaid.
Be sure to check out more from the collection. Most dresses come in a variety of colors.