6 Tips for Planning a Vow Renewal
After you’ve been married for a while, a vow renewal is the perfect chance to show your spouse that you still mean the things you said on your wedding day. A vow renewal, let’s be honest, is also another opportunity to gather your friends and family for an amazing party centered around the love you share as a couple! No matter what your budget is, here are six tips for planning a vow renewal ceremony:
- Do it when you want! There are no rules as to when you can throw a vow renewal. Wait to commemorate a big anniversary or do it every year – it’s all up to you and whatever makes it special.
- Choose a host – You can either host your own vow renewal, or enlist the help of a family member to do the honors. For big anniversaries, couples often have the children take part in the hosting responsibilities. One sweet idea is to have the maid of honor and best man from your wedding host the vow renewal!
- Pick out a venue – A vow renewal can be held anywhere, from the location of your wedding or even a favorite restaurant. Keep it romantic, casual or more formal, depending on what has more meaning for you as a couple.
- Create the guest list – Invite your closest friends and family to the vow renewal – this helps the party stay more meaningful and on budget.
- Wear whatever you want! – During a vow renewal, you can opt to wear your wedding garb if you would like or choose something more contemporary and simple. A beautiful cocktail dress or evening wear is the perfect solution depending on how formal or intimate you want the party.
- Have a reception – After the vow renewals, it’s time to party! The reception can be anything you want, from a backyard barbecue to a beautiful dinner or cocktail party.
As you can see, there are no right or wrong ways to have a vow renewal. It is all about what makes you happy as a couple and how you want to celebrate with friends – keep it casual if that makes you comfortable, or create a vow renewal that is reminiscent of your wedding day. The key is to keep it fun, romantic and special!