10 Things to Do the Night Before Your Wedding
After all the months of planning – the special day is almost here! Though you are only hours away from becoming husband and wife, there are still some last minute details to complete before the ceremony and reception begins. You want to look and feel your best on one of the best days of your life, so check out these 10 things to do the night before your wedding:
- Get to bed early – You want to look and feel refreshed on your wedding day (and the long day of dancing and socializing!), so make sure you get to bed on time the night before and try to get some sleep.
- Turn off the phone – Spend the last night before your wedding relaxing, not answering questions or stressing out about social media updates. Have your maid of honor answer any questions and use the time to decompress.
- Eat healthy – You don’t want to feel sluggish or weak throughout your wedding day. Eat a healthy meal at the beginning of the day to give you energy – avoid anything fatty or greasy.
- Drink plenty of water – Hydration is key for your skin, but you’ll also need to be hydrated to last throughout the day of taking pictures and swapping vows.
- Create an emergency kit – Stash some essentials in your clutch – aspirin, Band-Aids, lip gloss, cotton swabs – anything you might need to have on hand during the day.
- Make sure vendors have been paid – Schedule payments to vendors by using a service such as PayPal or have checks filled out and ready to hand over at the end of the reception. Designate a person in the bridal party to provide payments so it’s one less thing to worry about during the reception.
- Cash – Stick some cash in your clutch in case you need to have bills to tip any of the vendors or makeup artists. Break the bills up into smaller denominations to avoid extra hassle!
- Create a vendor checklist – Make sure your wedding planner or designated person knows when and where vendors will be set up for the ceremony or reception. Include phone numbers on the list in case someone needs to contact them during setup.
- Get pampered – Relax and decompress by undergoing some beauty treatments such as a manicure and pedicure. Avoid anything that could leave the skin red or irritated, like facials.
- Write a love note – Chances are your groom is just as nervous and excited as you are – write a little love note and have it delivered to him on the night before the wedding to send him your love.
There are plenty of things to do the night before the wedding to make sure the day goes smoothly – pace yourself and try to enjoy the moment, it will happen before you know it!