A Flawless Braid For The Flawless Bride
If you’re trying to decide on a hairstyle for your wedding—for the bride’s or bridesmaids’ hair—there are a lot of elements to take into account: overall appearance, matching with dress, matching with event theme, ability to hold, and more.
Braids are a versatile option that can be formal or casual, rustic or elegant—perfect for any event, and flawlessly holds throughout the night!
So how do you create that flawless wedding-style braid?
1.Curl the hair to add texture and volume. The more hairspray and texturizing spray you add, the better it will hold.
- Tease the hair on the crown of the head.
- Leave out a small portion of hair on either side of the face. Section the rest of the hair into three equal parts.
- Do a classic braid, just like when you were a little girl! Secure with a gripped hair tie (a rubber and translucent tie works best).
5.When finished with the braid, gently pull the sections of hair outwards to loosen the braid and give it a more relaxed appearance.
- Twist the unbraided, front left section of hair over the right side of the braid. Secure underneath the braid with several bobby pins (you want to keep it in place!).
- Twist the unbraided, front right section of hair over the left side of the braid and secure with bobby pins.
8. Pull out a few hairs in front to frame the face in varying layers.
- Set with lots and lots of hairspray.
- Hide the hair tie by tucking the end of the braid underneath. Pin it from behind the braid with several pins to keep in place.
The end result is a relaxed but sophisticated braid that is perfect for all wedding themes and brides! Plus, it will stay in place while you dance!
We absolutely adore this hairstyle by Jess at Polish and Pout, with photographs by Lydia Photography! We can’t wait to try some of these braids out at Diamond Bridal Gallery during our dress fittings!